Saturday, January 28, 2012

Guacamole


Ok, I'm back! Apologies for the huge delay between posts folks; had a few technical issues (read: dead laptop) but thankfully Mr B is a genius and now I'm back in business. Though you'll have to excuse this pitiful comeback, I'm rather hungover and lazy today.

Guacamole is an all time favourite of mine, and is always appreciated at a picnic or whatever. I'm yet to meet anyone who can resist a big dollop of this perched atop a crisp corn chip. I know I could go some right now! It's super fresh, super easy and best of all super delicious with a nice punch of chilli. Give it a go sometime soon; you won't be disappointed.

2 perfectly ripe avocados
2 roma tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
1 long red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
Juice of 1 lemon
Sea salt and cracked black pepper

Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and give it a bit of a mash with a fork, add the chopped tomato, onion, chilli and coriander, season well with salt and pepper and finish with lemon juice. Give it all a final mix, top with a sprig of coriander and serve with corn chips.

Couldn't be easier!
 

1 comment:

Christine S said...

I think I could go for some right now too! Yum