Who doesn't love a good roast spud? I know I sure do, but getting them just right can sometimes be a little bit tricky. Well not anymore my friends! After some experimentation I think I have finally nailed the perfect potatoes, and of course, I'm happy to share my secrets with you.
For delicious, crispy and fluffy potatoes every time, just follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and chop your potatoes into quarters, place in a pot of cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook until just tender.
- Strain off the water, then give the spuds a bit of a shake up in the pot (with the lid on) which roughs up the edges and helps them to crisp up, then transfer to a baking tray.
- Drizzle liberally with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat, then sprinkle generously with sea salt. A few sprigs of rosemary at this stage will also boost the flavour.
- Pop the tray into the oven and roast - turning regularly - for around 40 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Sprinkle with a little extra sea salt to serve.